Since 2008, it is divided into two parts, the very museum dedicated to the popularization of science and environment and one where the Consulate of Peru is located. It was built in 1929 for the Ibero-American Exhibition Pavilion as Peru, consists of over 5,000 square meters, has been admired by architects around the world as an example of fusion of architectural styles. The reason apparently is that its creator, Cordovan origin, performed most of his career in Peru and was considered one of the best designers of his time, Manuel Piqueras Cotolí.
Fusion of Styles
In it, we see a clear Indian influence, at the entrance to elevate on the steps, and miscegenation in the combination that takes place in the facades, the labrillo and stone. It also feels on the facade, the Spanish Baroque, with the cover in the form of altar. The original statues and mosaics that still remain is the result of what is called neoindigenismo in parts of the building.